Of family ...

Slept till 11 until my phone rang because my mom called.
Sunny glittering sky it was, had it covered with the dirty looking curtains.
Today , 19/04/08 . Was the day i decided not to do any studies.
She was going home today. Home, a place i cherish so much in my life.
Spent the whole day lazying and just virtually waiting for time to pass.

It was 7 years ago that i had almost the same feeling . When i was a 13 year old school kid.
Having a taste of the world all to myself, not knowing which path to choose.
From that day onwards, life was never the same. I learned my way of life.
I had to choose what i wanted to become, and i had to be independent.
And i believed i chose wisely.

I believe i will not be who i am today if not for that day.
Today, i have become almost what i dream of being, almost the 'guy' I've always vowed to become.
It was a tough but interesting journey i endured before ending up here.
The support given was enormous. The stakes were relatively high.

He was amazing, patiently crafting my path, making sure i will achieve what i am destined to.
After accomplishing his duty, he's now enjoying his retirement days.
Always proud of me, reminding him of his earlier days,
believing i am always the best.
I have yet to fail him, and i shall never will.

Before securing the scholarship, my life was with limited choices.
My life has gone through a drastic change yet again.
Now, the spectrum is wide, I've seen more than i ever expected in my whole life.
The learning has just reached another level, and i shall never let it stop.

It took me 7 years to enjoy this lasting encounter with her again.
Remembering the days waking up in the early hours just to study.
Working hard just for the distinctions, recognition, respect and everything else.
Hard work do pay off.
My family have stood by me through high and lows, standing shoulder to shoulder,
they have been wonderful, bringing the closeness altogether.
Showering me with love and care, every single tear i shed for them means my gratefulness.
I am a tougher young man today, and my duty is to make them proud,
to give my very best not to fail them.

Spot the similarity ..

Nigel Kheng Wei Hehn

Comments

Zoebe said…
Touching Story.
OMG.. ur hair is so long... U really look like a gurl with that type of hair. :P

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )