LIVERPOOL TRIP !!

Friendship band or something in Liverpool.

I am not going to start blogging about my Italy trip.
The gruelling but enjoyable 6 days in Northern Italy was amazing, and the weather was very kind to us. It rained when it was suppose to, it gave us sun and breeze when we needed it and we left a day before the quake that took hundreds life ! What more can you ask for, I am very thankful indeed. Caleb will blog about Italy and hopefully it will be up soon.
www.cnxc323.blogspot.com

Liverpool, well again, I must say I am a good planner. Here is why I believe I am an incredibly good planner. Well, original plan was to volunteer in Liverpool. I signed up for a volunteering project with Habitat for Humanity(google it and you'll learn more ! ) They're in Malaysia as well and basically how the system works is they build houses for low income learners and the future tenants will work 500 hours and have the 1st 5 years waived and the pay for the remaining cost of house.

Cut things short, I went there for 2 days, 1 day on-site and 1 day touring Liverpool. Oh well, Liverpool had much to offer, it was the cultural city of 2008. Well there were 2 huge cathedrals, and I mean HUGE !!! During medieval times, I guess the Romans's must've treated the cathedral as castles ! Huge Central Library, Albert Dock, Tate Liverpool, Liverpool ONE. They have everything !! Amazing for Shopping, amazing for sightseeing but darn, I was ALONE !! YES ALONE !!!

The first thing that comes into everyone's mind when you say Liverpool is the merseyside ! The KOP, The REDS, LIVERPOOL FC. I was so lucky Chelsea was playing Liverpool and I wanted to enjoy the atmosphere outside the stadium so I took an hour walk to Anfield. Blimey !!! I got a ticket for 40 pounds and I got a really good view from the right hand corner !! And mind you guys, make sure you take the bus the next time, Anfield is dangerous.

3 out of 4 goals were scored on my side for the pitch and Liverpool got absolutely thrashed ! It happened so fast and Liverpool was really poor with set pieces. Liverpool does not know how to defend for corners !!! Oh, well, I was really glad I indulged myself and spent the money for the game.

Well, slept with 3 drunkards which wasn't the most pleasent experience. I've got to go to bed now so I will summarise my work in the construction site.

Task 1: remove the staples
Task 2: remove 4 wooden plates nailed to the concrete cement floor
Task 3: Move washing machine from store to house
Task 4: Move wood sheds to a dump site 100m away.
Task 5: fill in the gaps between the base of the house and the ground with plastics
Task 6: dig a bloody 'trench' 4 inches wide and 16 inches deep. (completed only 8m after 2 hours of swinging.

Awesome experience but a very tiring day indeed. will blog more. but it is time to gear up and study now !!!! Chao !!

Contruction siteMy bunk bed.....
Some cool looking structure still under construction
Anfield !!!
the KOP !
Liverpool celebrating the 1st goal 6minutes into the game
Gerrard crossing, he was a shadow of himself througout the game
Me half time break..
3-1 down full time, notice ppl were leaving already
The kop again, empty after everyone left...
Phase 3 house
Phase 2 up and ready
Habitat for Hunanity is everywhere in the world !
My gears !!
My 1st task, on 1st floor ! Awesome
Hate this bars, need to do a sideway limbo over them
Me fixing my first task
My stealing a picture while working
2nd task
Hammering it out....
Wood dump site: Task 4
From this pile
WHEEE !! got wheel barrow, saved me..
Lunch was soup and bread, very simple dish..
Tim starting on the 'hole/trench'
After 2 hours !!! good stuff...
My major equipment, swung it like I wanted to beat some1 up..
Habitat for humanity, Tim ( volunteer 1) Kevin ( my supervisor) Me (volunteer2 )
Liverpool Cathedral
Chinatown, the oldest Arch in Europe or UK apparently
Paul Mccartney
Cavern quarters where the beatles use to play ...
Lennon's bar !!
The beatles shop....
Bye bye Liverpool, hello London ! I'm back, it was a good break for me : ) though really lonely

Contruction work, 5 hours = 5 days in the gym : )

Chao !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )