Marketing Gimmick and the Current World

I have recently grown fond of observing marketing strategies or gimmick and also having my own thoughts on current world situation. I thought my blog could be kept alive for me to leave these opinions of mine here.

So I have been watching BBC superbrands lately and found it amusing how great brands like Heinz, Starbucks, McD or Apple to name a view have blended into our life. Today, whilst doing my usual grocery shopping, I came across Copella Fruit drink, originating from Suffolk which I have known for awhile. However, the packaging was different today, it said, 'we have found a new size that suits everyone ! ' something along those lines, it was a 750ml carton as oppose to the previous or traditional 1L carton. Maybe it has been there for awhile but I certainly only noticed it today. Then, my eyes drifted to Tropicana and Innocent, and realised Tropicana have a new repackaging as well, rather than the traditional carton, they are going for bottles now as well. As for Innocent, it was clear that it was marketing gimmick now as the £2 + drink a carton were no longer 1L, it is now 750ml and selling at a discounted price of £2 (instead of £2.79). I grabbed one anyway but I just wonder how much extra margin are they earning. Is it really that they have satisfied a customer's need of having a smaller carton or 'right' size, or is it just for their pockets.to my disbelief ! observe the size change but no price difference :(


Then I read about Gaddafi rape claims etc. I ponder yet again, how many times do the world leaders need to use rape/sexual assault as an excuse to bring one down? Look at Anwar with gay sex claims, Wikileaks founder with rape claim, IMF leader with rape claim... Is this how people are brought down, powerful man and woman who have tried to build a nation or contribute to the society, being torn apart just because someone set them up or seduced them or even they got out of control? With technology around, there are too much scrutinization, you are ALWAYS being watched.

So ask yourself, is this for the better ? or worse?

Comments

Nicole said…
Everyone reduces the size of everything because everything is getting more expensive to make =(

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )