English as main language and the importance of your appearance

Dear Blog,

Recently I’ve found the love for writing and sharing again. I was in LCCT today for my departure flight to KK to visit Audrey and her family.

Two funny observations today, seated right in front of me in the departure hall, was a pair of friends, locals/bumiputras/Malays, they are from Sarawak, thanks to my unintentional eavesdropping ability. The only reason why I overheard them was that, they were conversing in English the WHOLE TIME! This serves as a surprise to me, when the country/the government have been so strongly supportive of ensuring Malay stay as a primary language when Malays themselves, choose to converse in English and seek education aboard. I agree Malay is important to bring the country together, similar to the importance of mandarin in uniting the Chinese, however, English still hold the upper hand for one to be successful or at least, gain international recognition.

I wonder why there are so many charity organisations out there sending young adults to be their sales rep. Sitting in LCCT for 2 hours, 2 different organisation reps came up to me. I was straight away turned off by their appearances and style. The first guy, spoke great English but had the looks of a gangster. Brown spiky hair, coupled with 2 ear rings with a collar-up polo, do not do him justice in this field. He should first get a decent hair cut, remove the ear rings while at work, otherwise, I doubt he will be getting many customers today. The next one, a girl, barely able to converse in English, kept saying please don’t get angry in Chinese was at least better, maybe because she is a girl but still fail to capture my attention with her non-interactive speech. I wasn’t interested so I told them there and then before wasting their time. Being a sales person myself right now, I understand the cruel facts that we have to face but I urge all to keep going and believing in it!

Until then, KK here I come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )