Unhappy at work place report

A recent news report reported 78% of unhappy employees, or what we call salary workers.

Most cited unhappiness because of immediate superior, which is unfortunately true based on my experience.

I am of course, pointing fingers at the culprits and only a selected group of 'bosses'. The bosses are suppose to be open, friendly and willing to share. Instead, they are uptight, arrogant and worst of all - fail to recognise our contribution to their work.

Being a nomad in my company ( I have no 'fix seats' only a fix drawer), another boss came up to me today and said ' how long will you be sitting here? do you know this is our place? you're like francis (whoever that is) moving around and sitting anywhere you want.

If this was a GMAT essay and I was ask to discuss I will clearly state the flaws in top management in corporate companies.
1) Extreme overheads because of structure. Look at how AirAsia is ran, even the CEO has no 'fix seat'. It is what you DO that matters, not where you SIT !
2) Attitude, he could've easily made a simple joke out of the question rather than the I'm the boss, you're in my 'zone'. I'm obviously complaining, because this is what big corporate firms are all about, power of authority.
3) Flexibility, this definitely ties to the above two arguments. Plus he's in the risk department, I wonder how he manages his department.
4) The failure of Human Resources, attitude, performance and camaraderie is all linked to HR, the inability to instil happy working environment within the firm.

All in all, I'm pissed but thanks to this tiny portal of mine, my venting will prevent me from landing my crutches on him.


http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/xhapi/Article/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )