Chinese New Year Dinner 08 '

GONG XI FA CHAI FROM LONDON !!

Very bad exams to start with the CNY , went ahead with my dinner plans ...
Was expecting the usual weekend gang and my mom . Nick came down from Cambridge ( for no reason , prolly homesick i guess ) Dinner was suppose to be at 1030pm because hann finish work at around 10 and i had a basketball semi final game.
Anyways spent almost 2 hours shopping for food in Sainsbury and Chinatown . Had an hour long conversation with my dad , an additional 20minutes with my sis and almost another hour with my brother and almost ALL my relatives . So nice to hear their voices . They're all in IPOH .. They had awesome food as usual , with my 2nd aunt as the best chef ever .


started with boiling my chicken soup at 4pm. Prepared ingredients for my sambal prawn , My 1st ever sambal prawn dish which proved to be a success !!! Prepared Char Siew Chicken , also my 1st attempt ! Spent almost an hour chopping , blending chillies . Was suppose to go for basketball at 7:30 but my hand was too spicy when i tried to put my contacts on, it BURNED my eyes !! ... whole bathroom was wet thanks to me running straight to the basin and continuously running cold water over my eyes .. Felt much better afterwards .
sambal !!!
char siew chicken ... with dried chilly

gOOD FOOD WITH GOOD COMPANY AS USUAL
wine drinking .. hann didn't take a sip at all ..
there he is lying ..
LOU SANG !!! PROSPERITY
It was more of a blessing in disguise . Nick was suppose to arrive before 7 but ended up arriving 815 . He was so lucky i had to cancel my game and i was at home continuing my cooking afterwards. Finish cooking my sambal , char seiw chicken ( had it stir fried and roasted !! ) , and prepared brocolli and cauliflower etc . With little help from nick ( he still cant cut vegetables ) manage to get everything done in a nick of time . Yheu shen came over with 1 of my favourite dish ( Garlic pork with dried chillies ) .Mommy came afterwards and JJ came right after , came to interfere with my cooking . Kept bothering my vegetables no taste etc .. omg .. so annoying . He wasn't of great help either , with much of his critics ignored by me . Fried the prawns afterwards together with hard boiled eggs , mixed it with the sambal n wa la !!! . It was the best meal i've ever prepared !! Kimberly and Chea ming came with 1 whole Roasted duck from 4 seasons !! . Was really nice . Waited for hann till 1045 pm and dinner was ready !!! ..
The climax was still Kimberly's Malaysian import YEE SANG !! . .She had chinese crisp and chinese cookies as well !! .. Felt so so much like Malaysia .

Yheu shen being our stand-in cameraman

Started LOU SANG !! :) Nice !! .. Started digging into the sumptuous food , JJ as usual had already started way beforehand.( cant believe i'm going to stay with him the next year ! ) ..
Good FOOD with good COMPANY as usual . mommy and yheu shen brought wine , the 1st time i think wine is good ! . .2 bottles for the whole night ! not too much , just the right amount .
As always , the vegetables and soup were unfinished . Had to throw away the leftover vegetables because it was left out too long already. Soup was gonna be my next day's breakfast and dinner !
Jun joined us after returning from his dinner , he tasted my sambal prawns & he said it tasted exactly like his mom's cooking!! my best every compliment , my mommy left afterwards because it was getting late. JJ left at 12 because the tube was gonna close at 1208 .. .
It is not chinese tea anymore ..

Got into playing cards right after .. Oh ya , had 7 dishes for the whole night ! Spinach ABC chicken soup as starters , 1 whole roasted duck , char siew chicken , garlic pork with dried chilly, sambal prawns and eggs , fried mix vegetables as main course , agar agar for dessert . Had wine as beverages over the awesome meal. Started with a game of blackjack , minimum bet of 20p (rm 1.60) .. got a little bored because the money turnover rate was too small . Switched and played IN BETWEEN afterwards , now this is the REAL game. It all started with a pool of 60p ( 10p each ) .. at 1 stage it got up to +-40 pounds !!!( rm 280++ ) .. crazy and i was at stake to win it !! . Fortunately i won more than half the pool's money because i had lost 10 pounds early because Kimberly got an K after getting a K and A . called langar tiang !.. Lost 20 pound straight in a space of 5 sec.
Kimberly and my lost ( i side betted )
yheu shen's win ..

my win ..
agar agar ... before we go ...
Stopped betting after nicholas pulled out at 430am and we had to get ready for our trip the next day . everyone left at 5am, and i had to prepare breakfast on the go . As usual , it was ME who prepared breakfast and food for the others .Had 3 salami sandwiches ready and Jun manage to wake up 20minutes before we left . HEADING TO BRUGGE !!!!
them before leaving .. all too tired already ..
TO BE CONTINUED .......... THE 3 DAY MARATHON
my best ever dish ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )