2 months into work and life in a refinery

So, its has been 2 months since I started my new job and 1 month into my first assignment.

First month in FGV was really interesting, besides meeting the management team, I was with the marketing team of consumer products for a week. We made visits to fragrant houses, packaging lines and frequent meetings with design teams. It felt like PouchThis! all over again. You could really see the difference when someone is pitching a design to you.

Well, a week after the marketing work was CNY before I headed to Sahabat, Lahad Datu.

This felt really like an internship where I had to learn everything within a short time. Again, it was really interesting because I have no clue whatsoever about the Palm Oil Industry. So, after sorting out my training schedule with my boss, I went on full speed.

It felt like I've learnt a lot after 4 weeks BUT looking back now, it sometimes feel like I could have learn more with the given time. However, I am happy to say that I can describe the whole process to you within a few minutes, in lay man terms. So, that's the good part. No bad part at the moment besides this place being very boring at night so I tend to come into office after my dinner to learn more or just catch up on the real world.

Another downside I forgot is the fact that I do not have a mode of transport - having to rely on people to drive you around is the really tough. I had a bicycle for a week but the tyre is punctured now so I have to wait for it to get repaired. Many times, I just sit around till late until my colleagues are ready to leave. Not being lazy, just that I have achieve my objectives for the dead and am brain dead.

A few exciting moments I have had for the past month:
1) Ate really fresh boiled crabs for a few consecutive days
2) Ate seafood at least once a day for 3 consecutive weeks
3) Learnt and Drove my first motorcycle
4) Drank coconut water 5 minutes after it fell off the tree
5) Went fishing at night in a small 3-seater boat and got my first catch - ikan Ketambak
6) Cycled in pitch darkness for a week back to my room.

Until then :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

1st week in uk

A special thank you to my daddy : )