Post-election blues

Many of my Malaysian brothers and sisters mourn the death of democracy today. The impossible truth of the incumbent government having all the 'resources' have been proven true.

Today, I voted. Being a first time voter, I spent the final night reading and watching videos of our politicians. Not having the time to read up on politics, I realised my lack of knowledge in it, or rather the lack of interest. All I know is, Malaysia can be a better place. As a fresh grad, I often look at my friends in the UK which jaw dropping expression whenever they purchase a new ride, a new house, or go on an expensive holidays.

Are we not equals? What is so different about what I am doing compared to them? And why are they making not twice, but up to five times more than I do? We studied together, they paid incredibly low fees, we all got equally good results, we got equally good offers, so what is the differentiator?

That their government, despite still being in recession has reaped in so much benefits post-war and oil era that Malaysia is not able to do?

Anyway, back to jumping around vessels tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaintBall ! !

A special thank you to my daddy : )

1st week in uk